- Of a Kind
The Gatherer Bag
Inspired by olde bucket-shaped satchels, from apple-picking bags to firemen’s buckets to leather feed sacks. Finished with an overalls/apron-like front, our bag reflects the roots of early Americana.
When closed, the bag is neat and tidy and a workhorse for everyday carrying, be it for tools, diapers, or daily hauling. Basket-like when un-zipped, the bag is a treat for small garden harvesting, going to market, picnicking or any kind of over-stuffing.
Constructed waxed canvas originated in the sailing industry in Scotland in the 1920s and became widely used in sportswear and apparel because of its waterproofing abilities and superb durability.
- 15 oz. waxed duck canvas (19 oz. with wax)
- Leather handles from deadstock to well-worn WWII gunsling
- Vintage fabric pocket lining varies from bag to bag
- Vintage zipper colour varies from bag to bag
- Zipper separates and tucks inside bag when not in use
- Brass rivets
- 1 exterior and 3 interior pockets
- 5 canvas colours available
- Minimally packaged with a letterpressed tag and string
Approximately 1 lb. 6 oz.
Inches: 15″ tall by 20″ wide (top), 10″ wide (bottom) by 6″ deep (when zippered; much wider when un-zippered)
Metric: 38 cm tall by 51 cm wide (top), 25.4 cm wide (bottom) by 15.5 cm deep (when zippered; much wider when un-zippered)
Inches: Approximately 29″ long; 13″ shoulder drop
Metric: Approximately 74 cm long; 33 cm shoulder drop
Inches: 6″ wide (top), 4.5″ wide (bottom) by 5.25″ tall
Metric: 15 cm wide (top), 11.5 cm wide (bottom) by 13.5 cm tall
Inches: One 7.5″ wide (top), 6.25″ wide (bottom) by 7″ tall, Two 3.75″ wide (top), 3.125″ wide (bottom) by 5.75″ tall
Metric: One 19.1 cm wide (top), 15.9 cm wide (bottom) by 17.8 cm tall, Two 9.5 cm wide (top), 7.9 cm wide (bottom) by 14.6 cm tall