Waxed Canvas Tote
Waxed canvas originated in the sailing industry in Scotland in the 1920s and became widely used in sportswear and apparel because of its waterproofing abilities and superb durability. The Waxed Canvas Tote from Peg and Awl boasts the permanence of this wonder-material while also incorporating vintage fabric lined-pockets, reclaimed leather straps and closures (from antique WWII gun slings) brass rivets and Sam Browne buttons. This is the holy grail in unisex carryall totes, practical and perfect in every way. This tote was built to endure. Load it up, bring it everywhere.
- Waxed Canvas
- Vintage fabric - varies, lines interior pockets (primarily geometric, striped and checked fabric from late 1800s- to mid 1900s.)
- Reclaimed leather, from antique WWII gun slings
- Brass rivets and Sam Browne button stud
- Adjustable and detachable shoulder strap
- Available with a vintage zipper upgrade*
- Fits up to an 13" laptop
Approximately 1 lb. 4 oz.
Approximately 45" long (114 cm)
17" shoulder drop (43 cm)
4" handle drop (10 cm)
Inches: 10.5" tall by 6" deep by 16" wide (top) 12" wide (bottom)
Metric: 26.5 cm by 15 cm deep by 41 cm wide (top) by 30.5 cm wide (bottom)
1 large external pocket
5 internal pockets - Two 5.5 inch pockets, two pen/pencil pockets and one 2 inch pocket.
*The zipper addition does not change the design of the bag. All of the leather strapping remains as pictured.