This pouch features one of Anna Atkins’ seaweed cyanotypes engraved on a vegetable-tanned leather brand.
Anna Atkins was the first person to use photography to illustrate a book. Note – NOT the first woman, but the first human! She was an incredible illustrator and had illustrated some books for her father, but the discovery of Cyanotypes sent her into a new obsession. She began making photographic images of her extensive seaweed collection in 1843. She created thousands of cyanotype prints and sent them to libraries and other institutions in the mid-1800s for their collections – many of which remain today, including, of course, the collection at the New York Public Library!
Our Keeper Pouch is a wonderfully versatile zipper pouch that can fit a variety of necessities. Use as a clutch or toss in your bag for a little more organization!
Constructed waxed canvas originated in the sailing industry in Scotland in the 1920s and became widely used in sportswear and apparel because of its waterproofing abilities and superb durability.
- 15 oz. waxed duck canvas (19 oz. with wax)
- Black YKK zipper with brass teeth
- Anna Atkins seaweed brand
- Peg and Awl + New York Public Library brand on back
- Brands from vegetable-tanned leather
- Brass rivets
- SHStacey H.Verified BuyerRated 5 out of 5 stars2 years ago😍:u1F970:❤️️ this pouch ❤️️:u1F970:😍
I use this pouch to hold my little journal for short stories and a pen. I can grab it whenever and toss it into any bag (like the Reader, the Waxed Canvas Tote, or the Hunter Satchel) and go! It’s super quality and the picture and the history that comes with it inspires me more. Superb craftsmanship.
- SRSusan R.Verified BuyerRated 5 out of 5 stars1 year agoA treasure
This bag is perfect to hold my Anna Atkins pocket journal and some pens and pencils and is also a beautiful clutch.
- JWJulie W.Verified BuyerRated 5 out of 5 stars2 years agoFunctional and cute
Love the look and quality.
- TCTimothea C.Verified BuyerRated 5 out of 5 stars2 years agoI have quite a few
I have quite a few Peg and Awl pouches, and all are excellently made, this one is no exception. The lovely seaweed detail on the label is beautiful, and I am excited to use this to carry around small hand sewing supplies.