- Of a Kind
Large Waxed Canvas Tote
$290.00 - $320.00
The Large Waxed Canvas Tote boasts the permanence of waxed canvas while also incorporating vintage fabric lined pockets, reclaimed leather straps and closures from antique WWII gun slings, and brass rivets and buttons. This is the holy grail in unisex carryall totes: practical and perfect in every way. This roomier tote was built to endure. Load it up, bring it everywhere.
Waxed canvas originated in the sailing industry in Scotland in the 1920s and became widely used in sportswear and apparel because of its waterproofing abilities and superb durability.
- 15 oz. waxed duck canvas (19 oz. with wax)
- Adjustable and detachable reclaimed leather strap
- Leather handles and strap from deadstock to well-worn WWII gunsling
- Vintage fabric pocket lining varies from bag to bag
- Brass rivets and button studs
- Fits up to an 15″ laptop
- 1 large exterior, 5 interior pockets
- 5 colours available
- Minimally packaged with a letterpressed tag and string
- Available with a vintage zipper upgrade*
*The zipper addition does not change the design of the bag. All of the leather strapping remains as pictured.
Approximately 1 lb. 8 oz.
Inches: 14″ tall by 6.5″ deep by 20″ wide (top) by 15″ wide (bottom)
Metric: 35.5 cm by 16.5 cm deep by 51 cm wide (top) by 38 cm wide (bottom)
Inches: Approximately 45″ long; 17″ shoulder drop; 4″ handle drop
Metric: Approximately 114 cm long; 43 cm shoulder drop; 10 cm handle drop
Inches: Approximately 10.5″ long; 4″ handle drop
Metric: Approximately 26.7 cm long; 10 cm handle drop
Inches: 20″ wide by 10″ tall
Metric: 50.8 cm wide by 25.4 cm tall
Inches: Two 7″ wide by 8.75″ tall pockets; One 3″ wide by 8.75″ tall pocket; Two pen/pencil pockets
Metric: Two 17.78 wide cm by 22.2 cm pockets; One 7.62 cm wide by 22.2 cm pocket; Two pen/pencil pockets