The Weekender is an extra-large bag for weekends – or weeks – away. It was inspired by an antique Air Force bag and suitably fits in the overhead compartment of a plane. Learn More
The Weekender is an extra-large bag for weekends – or weeks – away. It was inspired by an antique Air Force bag and suitably fits in the overhead compartment of a plane. The leather straps can be held in the hand or upon the shoulder. The bag opens wide and has one pocket on the front and two small pockets inside. This duffel was built to endure – load it up, bring it everywhere.
Constructed waxed canvas originated in the sailing industry in Scotland in the 1920s and became widely used in sportswear and apparel because of its waterproofing abilities and superb durability.
- 15 oz. waxed duck canvas (19 oz. with wax)
- Leather handles from vegetable-tanned leather
- Black YKK zipper with brass teeth
- Brass rivets
- 1 exterior and 2 interior pockets
- Available with a removable shoulder strap
- 8 canvas colours available (All Black also available)
- Minimally packaged with tag and string
Approximately 2 lbs. 10 oz.
|14″ tall by 23″ long by 10″ wide
|Approximately 24″ long, shoulder drop 11″
|Two 4″ wide (top), 5″ wide (bottom) by 5″ tall
|7.75″ wide (top), 11″ wide (bottom) by 8.75″ tall
|Shoulder Strap (optional)
|Adjustable up to 57″ long (28″ shoulder drop)
- JJJoe J.Verified BuyerRated 4 out of 5 stars1 year agoNice but watch size…
Quality seems undeniable and the look is classic although the bag is smaller than it looks online. I have not measured my bag but the online measurements are probably accurate. Keep this in mind given price and intended use. It’s called the weekender but that might be wishful thinking depending on your plans.
I would call it an overnight bag.
I had to email customer service a few days before Christmas and they were impressively responsive. Well done.
- JBJulia B.Rated 5 out of 5 stars6 years agoThese bags are RIDICULOUS
These bags are RIDICULOUS. I've been living out of my weekender since January 2014, you'll see him there in the foreground. After a few trips around the globe, he was in desperate need of some repairs. Because my boyfriend had a little bag envy, I requested a custom black on black for him and thought I'd see what Team Peg & Awl could do about old faithful. Magic. MAGIC is what they did. Everything is fixed, and my handsome man has a handsome bag. I love you, Peg & Awl. Next 30 days: Tuscany-Miami-Medellín-Panamá Border
- SPSonja P.Verified BuyerRated 5 out of 5 stars3 weeks agoMy new favorite overnight bag!!
Perfect tote for a weekend trip! The quality and workmanship is exceptional, as with all their products. Each and every item is a JOY to use!!! Thank y’all for your commitment to consistent excellence!!!
- MGMary G.Verified BuyerRated 5 out of 5 stars2 months agoExactly right
Sturdy construction, good size, lovely color. Everything I'd hoped it would be, and I'm sure I'll get a lifetime of use out of it.