The Tome is our most capacious journal, one that will hold your stories, musings, sketches, and whatever other magic comes your way, as they have for me over the last 16 years! Our Tomes are meant to be carried daily and can take a beating. They are strong creatures, ready to accompany all aspiring treasure hunters, adventure seekers, documenters, and storytellers. Learn More
The Tome is our most capacious journal, one that will hold your stories, musings, sketches, and whatever other magic comes your way, as they have for me over the last 16 years!
I’ve spent a good part of my life binding Tomes and filling them. I am sure my right arm is stronger for all of the writing and stitching and hauling of pages in journals for so many years of my life. So many paths we’ve traveled together, me and my books. I wonder how many miles of words I’ve written if they were strung end to end? I won’t do the math, but there are a lot of years of making books and a lot of years of scribbling in them between now and when I made my first journal. I was always stitching a book or filling one up.
Each of our Tomes has hand-stitched headbands on the top and bottom and raised chords on the spine. Inside you will find line-free Strathmore drawing paper – thick, hand-torn, acid-free pages that work wonderfully with ink, pens (smooth and scritchy-scratchy), pencils, watercolours, and a myriad of other mediums. The pages are hand-stitched with linen binder’s thread, and shaped and re-enforced with linen book binding chord and tarlatan. Our Tomes are meant to be carried daily and can take a beating. They are strong creatures, ready to accompany all aspiring treasure hunters, adventure seekers, documenters, and storytellers.
- Local Pennsylvania sourced Vegetable Tanned Leather
- Antique fabric lining varies from journal to journal
- Hand-torn, hand-stitched, line-free Strathmore drawing paper (80 lb. [130 g/m²])
- Minimally packaged with brown paper and jute
- NFNyota F.Verified BuyerRated 5 out of 5 stars4 months agoReviewingCarson Hand-Bound Leather Tome (Green)A beautiful Tome made to last forever
This Tome is so beautiful that it took me weeks to finally start using it! I wanted to preserve it but it’s made to filled with art and memories. So I am doing just that. The craftsmanship is superb. The paper is thick and sturdy enough for my watercolor paintings as well as marker art and journaling. The possibilities are endless. If you are on the fence about purchasing, do yourself the favor and make the leap. You will not be disappointed.
- JOJanine O.Verified BuyerRated 5 out of 5 stars1 year agoReviewingJackson Hand-Bound Leather Tome (Black)Awesome!
The craftsmanship is simply amazing!
- RARhea A.Verified BuyerRated 5 out of 5 stars1 year agoReviewingHarper Hand-Bound Leather Tome (Brown)Tome - finally
I have been covering the Tome for a few years. After seeing Margaux interviewed in “I’m Her Studio” I decided it was time to invest in this gorgeous journal and in myself. I couldn’t be more pleased, it is more gorgeous than I could have imagined. Wish I had treated myself sooner!
- JCJames C.Verified BuyerRated 5 out of 5 stars1 year agoReviewingJackson Hand-Bound Leather Tome (Black)Second Tome…
Yes, my first Tome is filled. This new one is just as perfect as my first and will , over time, become as cherished as Tome number one! Thanks so much.