Our Iris Painter’s Palette was inspired by the ivory palettes used by the ancient Egyptians. Constructed from sustainable maple and vegetable-tanned leather, the palette is a simple way to transport your favorite paints, whether you mix your own pigments or squeeze them from a tube.
In the wise words of Annie Dillard, “How we spend our days is how we spend our lives.” At Peg and Awl, we are working to facilitate the making of art everyday and anywhere with objects that make packing and transport easy, whilst looking quite handsome.
The wood is certified by the Forest Stewardship Council. FSC-certified wood was harvested from forests that are responsibly managed by environmentally conscious companies.
- Sustainable Maple from the USA
- Vegetable-tanned leather cover
- 12 wells
- Designed to be used with watercolor and gouache paints
- Finished with tung oil
- Minimally packaged with and jute
- Paint not included
- Made for wet paints (doesn’t fit a standard half-pan)
- CHChristina H.Verified BuyerRated 5 out of 5 stars3 years agoReviewingIris Painter’s PaletteA true treasure!
The Iris Painters Palette is beautifully made and with excellent quality. The leather smells amazing from being treated well and the size of the wells for the paints is perfect! I couldn’t wait to fill it right away!
- BCBeverly C.Verified BuyerRated 5 out of 5 stars2 months agoReviewingIris Painter’s PaletteVery special
It is just wonderful … comfortable to hold and plenty of space for paint
- NRNancee R.Verified BuyerRated 5 out of 5 stars2 months agoReviewingIris Painter’s PaletteThe palette of my dreams
After seeing this palette at a watercolor workshop I knew I had to have one! It feels very organic and reduces m color palette to a thoughtful and highly useable quantity.
- MKmaddie k.Verified BuyerRated 5 out of 5 stars4 months agoReviewingIris Painter’s PaletteLove my beautiful palette
This palette is beautiful and truly something I will treasure forever.