Our Petra Painter’s Palette was inspired by the ivory palettes used by the ancient Egyptians. Constructed from sustainable maple and vegetable-tanned leather, the palette is a simple way to transport your favorite paints, whether you mix your own pigments or squeeze them from a tube.
In the wise words of Annie Dillard, “How we spend our days is how we spend our lives.” At Peg and Awl, we are working to facilitate the making of art everyday and anywhere with objects that make packing and transport easy, whilst looking quite handsome.
The wood is certified by the Forest Stewardship Council. FSC-certified wood was harvested from forests that are responsibly managed by environmentally conscious companies.
- Sustainable Maple from the USA
- Vegetable-tanned leather cover
- 6 paint wells
- 1 mixing well sealed with natural EcoPoxy
- Designed to be used with watercolor and gouache paints
- Finished with tung oil
- Minimally packaged with and jute
- Paint not included
- Made for wet paints (doesn’t fit a standard half-pan)
Other Painter’s Palette Styles
- BCBeverly C.Verified BuyerRated 5 out of 5 stars2 months agoReviewingPetra Painter’s PalettePetra palette
Just perfect! Comfortable to hold . I like the earthy ness of the wood. Nice mixing area. Beautifully made
- MSMichele S.Verified BuyerRated 5 out of 5 stars10 months agoReviewingPetra Painter’s PalettePetra Palatte
It’s a great little palette that fits right into the Sendak, or any art kit. It is very nicely made, a pleasure to handle!
- RPRobert P.Verified BuyerRated 3 out of 5 stars11 months agoReviewingPetra Painter’s PaletteNice product, but overpriced
Nice product, but overpriced
- JVJean V.Verified BuyerRated 5 out of 5 stars12 months agoReviewingPetra Painter’s PaletteI had eyed the Sendak
I had eyed the Sendak Artist Roll, Petra and Iris palette for awhile until I bought them all. LOVE THEM! Really impressive master craftmanship and a great way to keep my watercolor tools!