Our Orra Sketchbooks are thin hand-bound books that are ideal companions for small projects and daily excursions. They are named for Orra White Hitchcock, a 19th century botanical, geologic, and zoological artist, an illustrator to whom no detail was too small to be recorded in her art. Learn More
I am rarely without paper and pen. There are so many astonishments, so many tumbling thoughts to capture. Our Orra Sketchbooks are thin hand-bound books that are ideal companions for small projects and daily excursions. They are named for Orra White Hitchcock, a 19th century botanical, geologic, and zoological artist, an illustrator to whom no detail was too small to be recorded in her art. Made from high quality Strathmore drawing paper, Legion cover stock, and hand-stitched with linen, these versatile sketchbooks can take on a variety of media including pen and ink, watercolor, and graphite.
Available in Black, Grey, or White, with green thread color.
Available in 3 sizes: Landscape, Portrait, and Large Portrait. The Landscape and Portrait are designed to fit into our Mini and classic Sendak Artist Rolls. They also fit into our Hunter Satchel – my favorite bag for the days when I want to carry only the necessities!
- LCLisa C.Verified BuyerRated 5 out of 5 stars3 years agoGreat sketchbook...just because
- takes wet media well and lies flat, has just the right amount of ‘tooth’, not too many pages (and not too few), a great format for most subjects and a good size to tuck into a side bag or suitcase without much weight.
- PWPatricia W.Verified BuyerRated 5 out of 5 stars15 hours agoInspiring well made elegant sketchbooks
I pretty much draw only in the Orra Sketchboos lately. The large portrait sketchbook is the best so far.
I wish it would be offered in an even larger size.
Elegant black cover and quality paper inside. Well made.
Thank you for your care
(Sorry that is “Sketchbooks” above)
- PRPenny R.Verified BuyerRated 5 out of 5 stars2 years agoGreat Paper
This is the perfect sketchbook. I really like the format and the paper takes ink and watercolor well.
- AFAnne F.Verified BuyerRated 5 out of 5 stars3 years agoMy favorite sketchbook
Great for travel and everyday. Sturdy paper cover and the good quality paper inside holds pencil, ink pen and gouache very well. I also use watercolor and markers but the paper doesn't hold those media as well with some buckling and showing through. No matter. It's a great all-purpose sketchbook. Lays flat.