Constructed with durable waxed canvas and finished with brown vegetable tanned leather, the Finch Satchel (our version of a messenger bag) is a blank slate waiting to be marked with the adventures and stories of use. Learn More
Inspired by Autumn, we’ve put together a small batch of some of our favourite bags in four new colours: Elderberry, Red Maple, Birch, and Fog.
These are part of a small batch collection, and are not eligible for coupon code discounts.
Constructed with durable waxed canvas and finished with brown vegetable tanned leather, the Finch Satchel is a blank slate waiting to be marked with the adventures and stories of use. It is the last messenger bag you will need. Throw it across your body and go. The Finch’s simple shape will hold most of your daily needs and includes two interior pockets for organizing the little things like pens and pencils, lip balm, keys, wallet, &c. Two additional small pockets are situated on the outside for easy access to additional small needs. The flap covers the satchel for daily use, but for those city dwellers, travelers and those others wanting some more security, the satchel closes with a detachable vintage zipper that tucks in neatly when undesired.
Our vegetable tanned leather comes from Wickett & Craig – only a stone’s throw from our shop in Philadelphia – they use a slow, natural, and eco-friendly process of tanning raw hides with natural, biodegradable extracts derived entirely from vegetable sources such as tree bark.
Waxed canvas originated in the sailing industry in Scotland in the 1920s and became widely used in sportswear and apparel because of its waterproofing abilities and superb durability.
This satchel was built to endure. Load it up, bring it everywhere.
- 15 oz. waxed duck canvas (19 oz. with wax)
- Adjustable and detachable leather strap
- Leather handles and strap from vegetable-tanned leather
- Black YKK zipper with brass teeth
- Zipper separates and tucks inside bag when not in use
- Brass rivets and button studs
- 2 exterior and 2 interior pockets
- 4 canvas colors available
- Minimally packaged with tag and string
- STShelby T.Verified BuyerRated 5 out of 5 stars5 days agoReviewingAutumn Colors: The Finch SatchelLove it so much
When I saw the Finch Satchel in elderberry I fell in love! I justified it as a Christmas present and plan to use it forever and ever (so the price per "wear" is quite the deal)! And the quality is such that I know it will hold up that long as well. I love love love that it is so functional and also in it's own way a piece of art. It is perfect for fitting my traveling watercolor kit, a good book and more. I can even fit my laptop in it if I really need it for an outing. Very very happy.
- JPJessica P.Verified BuyerRated 5 out of 5 stars1 year agoReviewingAutumn Colors: The Finch SatchelBeautiful elderberry colour!
I LOVE the colour and the size. The strap length is perfect! The one tiny thing I’d like is a little weight or magnet or something for the front flap - when the wind is really strong it tends to fly up. But that’s not enough for me to take away a star, I’m so glad I bought this bag!! Stylish, well-constructed and high quality, as usual P&A, well done.
- AMAbby M.Verified BuyerRated 5 out of 5 stars1 year agoReviewingAutumn Colors: The Finch SatchelI have one other Finch,
I have one other Finch, it’s the perfect bag! Holds my essentials….including my iPad effortlessly! Looks so great! And now in this stunning color….I’m so happy!