Our Tilda Painter’s Palette was inspired by the ivory palettes used by the ancient Egyptians. Constructed from sustainable maple and vegetable-tanned leather, the palette is a simple way to transport your favorite paints, whether you mix your own pigments or squeeze them from a tube.
In the wise words of Annie Dillard, “How we spend our days is how we spend our lives.” At Peg and Awl, we are working to facilitate the making of art everyday and anywhere with objects that make packing and transport easy, whilst looking quite handsome.
The wood is certified by the Forest Stewardship Council. FSC-certified wood was harvested from forests that are responsibly managed by environmentally conscious companies.
- Sustainable Maple from the USA
- Vegetable-tanned leather cover
- 6 paint wells
- Designed to be used with watercolor and gouache paints
- Finished with tung oil
- Minimally packaged with and jute
- Paint not included
- Made for wet paints (doesn’t fit a standard half-pan)
- NRNancee R.Verified BuyerRated 5 out of 5 stars2 months agoReviewingTilda Painter’s PaletteLove this slender palette!
Per Peg & Awl’s fine design, this slender palette holds just the right amount for a limited palette watercolor session - perfection!
- SMSarah M.Verified BuyerRated 5 out of 5 stars8 months agoReviewingTilda Painter’s PaletteClassic!
I’m new to painting and thought the Tilda Painter’s Palette would be a great tool to start with and is it ever!!! The craftsmanship and quality is outstanding!! The smell of the wood is awesome!!! So well made!! I ended up ordering the other palettes that Peg and Awl offer. Thank you so much for making such quality items!!!
- SBSara B.Verified BuyerRated 5 out of 5 stars10 months agoReviewingTilda Painter’s PaletteThe very best journals
I just love these hand sewn journals
- KJKatherine J.Verified BuyerRated 5 out of 5 stars1 year agoReviewingTilda Painter’s PaletteLove ‘em
I filled it with my favorite colors from tubes. Maybe sell some pre-made pans - or have the wood drilled for 1/4 pans you can buy? - just a thought.